Contact Us

Law Office of Robert L. Fiedler
17 Walnut Street
New Britain, CT 06051

Toll Free: (866) 707-5993
Fax: (860) 224-7302

New Britain Law Office Map

Hartford County Relocation Lawyer

Experienced Representation in Matters Involving Relocation

Often, after two people have finalized a divorce, one of the parties will find it necessary or desirable to relocate to a new city or state. When minor children are involved, this can cause significant hardship for parents and for children. If you are involved in a situation where one parent seeks to move away, you want an experienced lawyer to protect your rights, whether you want to move or you seek to prevent the move.

At the Law Office of Robert L. Fiedler, I have 20 years of experience representing men and women in all matters related to divorce or family law, including relocations. I can handle your case from beginning to end, with a commitment to personal service. I answer all my own phone calls and personally handle all aspects of your case. Contact my offices to schedule a free initial consultation.

In Connecticut, when a parent of divorce seeks to relocate, the outcome is governed by state law. The law requires that a guardian ad litem be appointed to represent and protect the best interests of the child. The guardian will interview all the parties, gather evidence and make a recommendation to the court regarding what is in the best interests of the child.

At the Law Office of Robert L. Fiedler, I work closely with men and women in situations involving requests for relocation. Whether you seek to relocate or your ex-spouse is the one who wants to move, I will work with you to seek creative solutions that are in the best interests of your children while protecting your rights as a parent. I will then make recommendations to the guardian based on our proposal. If the recommendations of the guardian are not in the best interests of your children or fail to consider your needs at all, I will aggressively fight to get the guardian to consider other options.

For an experienced attorney to handle a request for modification or enforcement of a divorce judgment, contact me to set up a free initial consultation. My offices are located two blocks from the New Britain Courthouse, just 20 minutes from Rockville, Middletown or New Britain. I accept PayPal.