Contact Us

Law Office of Robert L. Fiedler
17 Walnut Street
New Britain, CT 06051

Toll Free: (866) 707-5993
Fax: (860) 224-7302

New Britain Law Office Map

Hartford County Child Custody Lawyer

Experienced Counsel in Custody and Visitation Matters

When you are involved in a divorce and there are minor children, it can be difficult to make good decisions without being driven by your emotions. You want what is in the best interests of your children, but you also want to be a part of their lives. An experienced attorney can help you temper your emotions with common sense, making certain that the decisions you make are in the best interests of everyone involved.

At the Law Office of Robert L. Fiedler, I have 20 years of experience representing men and women in all matters related to divorce or family law, including child custody and visitation matters. I can handle your case from beginning to end, with a commitment to personal service. I answer all my own phone calls and personally handle all aspects of your case. Contact my offices to schedule a free initial consultation.

In custody determinations, the court looks at both physical custody and legal custody. Physical custody refers to the principal residence of the child. Legal custody means that the parent has the right to participate in decisions regarding the welfare of the child, including education, healthcare and religious training. The court will make its decision regarding the type of custody that is appropriate based on what it believes to be the best interests of the child.

In visitation or parenting time disputes, the court employs the same standard. The court will consider the needs of the child, the distance between the parental homes and other relevant factors to establish parenting access to the child.

At my offices, I will work closely with you to establish and implement custody and visitation arrangements that are in the best interests of your children and that protect your rights as a parent. I am always prepared to take your case to trial, but know from experience that the solutions that work best over the long-term are those that you work out with your ex-spouse without going to court.

If your divorce is final, but your circumstances have changed, I can help you seek modification of an existing divorce order. To learn more, see my modification and contempt proceedings page .

For an experienced attorney to handle a child custody or visitation dispute, contact me to set up a free initial consultation. My offices are located two blocks from the New Britain Courthouse, just 20 minutes from Rockville, Middletown or New Britain. I accept PayPal.